After a well is drilled gas is extracted by pulling it out of the ground through the use of compression. Typically, the wells produce gas at a relatively low pressure. The Industry utilizes a self-contained, portable skid that contains a driver and a compressor along with their related support equipment. This package can be moved from one well site to another. A gas field may contain several of these packages. They collect the gas and pump it to a common header for transport via pipeline to a gathering facility.
- Contaminant from the well can shutdown the compressor
- Dirty lube oil leads to shutdown or frequent repair
- Dirty coolant leads to shutdown or frequent repair
- Bad fuel gas lead to inefficient engine operation
- Oil carry over into gathering pipelines leads to extensive and costly processing problems downstream
- Liquids lugging can cause unit shutdown
- Coal Fines can coat internals of compressors and engines
- Salt deposits can plate out on hot machine parts causing excessive maintenance costs
The problems of well contaminants, slugging, coal fines, and salt deposits all have to be addressed at the front end of the skid. Peco Series-95 Scrubbers are designed to remove liquid slugs. The Peco Series-75 Filter/Separator with PEACH PCHG elements will remove liquid and solid contaminants down to 0.5 micron. This provides protection from salt and carbon fines.
Peco Series-RFF lube oil filters with PP Pleated Elements or PEACH P-90 depth style elements provide clean, worry free oil to lubricate engine and compressor internals.
Coolant for both the compressor and engine should be filtered with Peco PL Series or PVB Series filter housings equipped with PEACH P-90 filter elements. They are designed to remove all the contaminants typically found in coolant.
Fuel for the engine should be addressed with a Peco Series 85 small volume Filter/Separator with PEACH PCHG filter elements.
Finally, oil carry over from compression is addressed with a Peco Series 77V coalescer with PEACH PCHGC coalescer elements. It will remove entrained lube oil down to 0.3 micron.